birding-aus

Information request

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Information request
From: Kerry Spencer <>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 11:40:15 +1100
I am contacting you on behalf of the BBC Natural History Unit in Bristol, UK.

We are hoping to film grey eastern reef egrets (Egretta sacra) on the east
 coast of Australia.  I was wondering if you had any idea of good locations
to either find or film this species?  I am also hoping to discover when is
their breeding season on the east coast and to find out a little more about
their distribution (particularly if there are more grey reef egrets than
white in the south of Australia than in the north, and why this may be).

If you or any of your collegues have any idea of any researchers or
birdwatchers that have any knowledge about reef egrets that I could
contact, then that would also be immensely useful.

Any advice or help that you could pass on would be most gratefully
received. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours sincerely

Erica Moret
Trainee researcher
Wild Battlefields - Shark City