birding-aus

Crop-tit

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Crop-tit
From: "rorert john brown" <>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 13:04:58 +1100
I have had a further chat with my old Gentleman Farmer friend and showed him both Pizzey & Knight's Field Guide and Gordon Beruldsen's Field Guide to Nests and Eggs of Australian Birds.  There is no doubt that the bird was a Golden-headed Cisticola,  Cisticola exilis. The eggs and type of nest were the give-away!  When he saw the plate related to the G-HC he immediately said "that's it".  He has not seen the bird for a long time and in 22 years in Warragul (100 kms East of Melbourne) neither have I.   Another bit of "memorabilia".   Cheers, Robbie Brown.