birding-aus

Would like to discover your birds

Subject: Would like to discover your birds
From: Beat Ernst <>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 13:07:21 +0100 (MET)
Dear birder-family

In the book watching wildlife australia by lonely planet I found your adress
and now I try to get more information. Please help me! I would like to
escape from the big touristic places and discover the nature of australia
ecspassily the birds.

I'm now in Cairns and I'm going to travel down in about 6 days. At the 10th
of January I'm going back to Switzerland. I'm pretty flexibel and might stay
few days longer. On my to Adelaide I would like to enjoy the absoluty
beautiful world of the birds in your wonderful country. In Switzerland I'm also
birder, actually my heart for the birds starts again about a year ago. Now I
volunteer for the swiss bird center (vogelwarte). When I was a child I often
went outdoor to discover the birds. So I'm not a profi, but I choose my 5 month
stay in australia (I've been studying English in Perth for 3 months) also
because the birds of australia.

So, I'm very interested in tours, also accommadion and everything that might
help me on my other way to travel in Australia.

At about mid of december I think I should be in Sydeny, about at Christmas
time in Melbourne and about at new year in Adelaide. I'm not sure how I shall
travel south. I think it's pretty hard to find a partner to share a car. So
I'm going properly by bus. Thank you very much for other advices.

Thank you very much for your help and I'm very wondering what it's possible
to do.

Tomorrow I'm going on a tour to the Wet Tropics and I'll check my e-mails at
Saturday. For your soon answer I say thanks.

See you

Beat Ernst
e-mail:
homeadress: Beat Ernst, Eisbahnweg 17, CH-9230 Flawil (SWITZERLAND)

staying at the backpackers "Carravella 149" in Cairns, Esplanade

Ps. I've a handy and I might give you the number....

--
http://www.gmx.net