birding-aus

Birding Saturday 10 November 2001

Subject: Birding Saturday 10 November 2001
From: "Niven" <>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 21:35:42 +0930
Hi everyone
my team didn't win the election, not that you know who my team
was, cos I didn't campaign on the list, or tell who I was giving out
cards for, which is campaigning as well...
But...
I had a good day's birding anyway, in Darwin. My highlights for
election day 2001 were:
Chestnut Rail
Little Kingfisher
Rose-crowned Fruit-Dove
Barn Swallow
Rainbow Pitta
Bush Stone-Curlew
Spangled Drongo on a nest
Rufous Owl - one adult, one immature

No hybrid Rosellas, not that I'm one for hybrids anyway, but I saw
a few CLP-birds, which appear to be hybrid Lib-Nat birds. These
have so far only been confirmed in the Northern Territory, so maybe
it's a top spot for hybrids after all.

Congratulations or commiserations depending on what side you're
on (yes, there are more than two!)... and have a nice day birding
today,
Niven