birding-aus

Adeliade Rosella at Albury, NSW

Subject: Adeliade Rosella at Albury, NSW
From: "John Leonard" <>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 05:45:19 +0000
I went down to Albury, NSW a few days ago to a work-related meeting, specifically to the Lake Hume Village at the Hume Dam.

While I was there I looked out for Yellow Rosellas, and they were surprisingly common in the River Red Gums on the stretch below the Dam. I also spotted an immature Crimson Rosella at LH Village, indicating breeding nearby. However most interesting was an 'Adelaide' type Rosella in the RRGs. It was pretty much as Adelaides are in plumage and colour (orangey red) except that it was smaller, Yellow Rosella size. It was lone bird, not in a pair, as most of the YRs I saw seemed to be.

I assume that there are other reports of hybrids from this area, but I thought I'd add this one.

John Leonard

John Leonard (Dr)

PO Box 243, Woden, ACT 2606, Australia