birding-aus

Newsletter #112: Managed Funds and Business broking web sites.

Subject: Newsletter #112: Managed Funds and Business broking web sites.
From: The Great Aussie Website Review <>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 03:32:09 +1100 (EST)
Welcome to Ausslinks Newsletter #112
- For all the best websites visit Aussielinks at www.aussielinks.net

Again its been a very busy month reviewing thousands of websites that have been
brought to our attention by our subscribers. Email us at
to have your say!

This month we have given top marks to two Australian websites. They are not for
everyone but those interested in buying or selling businesses or for those
investing in managed funds, we believe these two sites are very useful, easy to
navigate, quick and to the point. For other reviews and websites please visit
our new and improved website at www.aussielinks.net

Reviews:

Website address:        http://www.bsab.com.au/
Target audience:        self - employed
Speed:                  *****
Presentation:           ***
Relevance and accuracy: ****
Navigation:             *****
Contact Us section:     YES
Privacy Policy section: YES
Secured ECommerce:      N/A

Website address:        http://www.fundsmart.com.au
and Top 10                         Super funds with a 100% rebate on all normal
entry fees - SAVE                  $1000s!!
Target audience:        General public
Speed:                  ****
Presentation:           *****
Relevance and accuracy: ****
Navigation:             *****
Contact Us section:     YES
Privacy Policy section: YES
Secured ECommerce:      N/A

Star ratings are out of a possible 5 Star (*****).

AussieLinks only usually covers Australian websites in its reviews, however a
couple of websites have come past the review panel which we believe deserve a
mention due to their interesting content.

Dead Web Sites Memorial

The Museum of E-Failures now boasts over 350 Web home pages that were the last
gasps of dying dot-coms. Webmaster Steve Baldwin has collected the final Web
home pages of the doomed. They range from sad farewells (The end of a dream,
but at least we tried - Animalassist.com) to those that continue to operate on
autopilot where the lights are on, but no one is home. World Wide Web:
http://www.disobey.com/ghostsites/index.shtml

AussieLinks is looking at creating a resource within its website to capture
e-failures in Australia. Hopefully this will be up and running by the end of
the year.

Forensic Evidence Primer

Here?s what Scully and Mulder, as well as real-life FBI agents are taught
before they gather their first shred of evidence at a crime scene. The FBI?s
primer on procedures for gathering forensic evidence is online and covers the
gamut from collecting tissue samples for DNA analysis (Collect 3-5 inches of
long bone such as the fibula or femur) to the method used to examine clothing
for paint samples (Paint fragments are often found in the clothing of a
hit-and-run victim.) Not for the squeamish. World Wide Web:
http://www.fbi.gov/hq/lab/handbook/intro.htm

Interested in advertising in the AussieLinks newsletter or on our website,
please email

To leave this free email service simply go to www.aussielinks.net and follow
the instructions.