birding-aus

Penthouse Peregrines

To: <>
Subject: Penthouse Peregrines
From: "Tim Dolby" <>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 16:48:32 +1000
I agree Ian  - if they're doing what you are saying they're doing - it deserves
enormous praise! The idea of a Queensland hotel complex (the "white shoe
brigade") putting wildlife before profit is newsworthy indeed.

I wonder if there's some way of providing them with some formal encouragement -
a letter of congratulation from Birds Australia for instance, or an article in
one of our birding newsletter? This would represent a kind of positive
advertisement for them, consequently providing them with 'economic' encentives
to look after the falcons.

Tim

Tim Dolby
Swinburne University of Technology
Phone: (03) 9214 6722

>>> "Ian Cowan" <> 08/16/01 09:45 >>>
The Cairns Post on Tuesday devoted most of it's front page to the peregrine
falcons nesting outside the 14th floor penthouse of the Matson Plaza hotel.
Congratulations to the management if they stand by there undertaking not to
rent out the penthouse suite until the eggs hatch.

Ian Cowan
Clifton Beach