birding-aus

URL's for Bird Taxonomy and Checklists - Preamble

To: "Messages Birding-aus" <>
Subject: URL's for Bird Taxonomy and Checklists - Preamble
From: "Bob Forsyth" <>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 16:05:27 +1000
G'day all,

I hope no one is having difficulty opening up the Web Page URL's !
If so, I repeat the notes I posted 6/7/01.

For  those using Windows, if placing your curser on the URL and clicking does not work, one of many methods is to---
--- place the curser at the end of the URL and left click
--- wipe the curser along the URL (It will then have a black background) and then right click
--- move the curser onto "Copy" and left click  (or press both the "Ctrl" + "C" buttons)
--- place the Curser on "Start" and left click
--- move the curser over "Run" and left click
--- place the curser in the space alongside "Open" (it does not matter if it contains other data)
--- right click and move the curser onto  "Paste" and left click. (or hit both the "Ctrl" + "V buttons)
--- left click  "OK".........and wait for the page to open.

To store URL's ( when the Email page is open) place the curser over the URL, right click, move the curser over "Add to favourites" and left click.

To store URL's, (after the page is displayed)  click "Favourites" or "Bookmarks". There are several ways of doing this.
Special folders can be created to store these URL's

The following URL's I have compiled are only a small selection of what is available.
I have no doubt the academics and professional have access to, and use many more than those I have found.

More can be found by Searching the major Search Engines such as Fast(All the Web), Google, Yahoo, Looksmart, AltaVista, Northern Light, etc.and doing a Boolean search using for instance the words "Taxonomy AND Bird OR avian"
Does any want a list of some of these Search Engines ?

I will leave it to Birding-Aus correspondents to check out the many links that are included in the following Web Pages.
It is just a matter of placing the curser on the hyperlink (watch for it change) and left click.

Again let me know of any errors or URL's that could be added.

I am limited to 20kB maximum messages, so I have split them again.
 Pt 1   Classifications & Lists
 Pt 2   Comprehensive pages of links
 Pt 3   Dictionaries & Glossaries
           Journals
           Lectures
           Literature
 Pt 4   Museums & Universities
           Non English Names

Regards, Bob Forsyth, Mount Isa, NW Qld.