birding-aus

Apology

To: "Messages Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Apology
From: "Bob Forsyth" <>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 18:16:01 +1000
g'day all,

The message I posted re Edward Lear could not be received by some readers because of a perceived attachment.

It contained verse that I copied from a web page and pasted to my message.
I think the text may have been in  the form of a "picture" of the text which some software and ISP's process as an attachment.
I know my neighbour cannot receive "animated art" or photo's except as an attachment.

I do not believe I had a virus. I check Norton antivirus updates twice each week and in fact had updated just before posting the message.
The posting that came back to me from Birding-Aus had no attachment paperclip indicator.
I use Windows 98SE, Internet Express and set to Rich Text (HTML)

I wish to thank the correspondents who kindly advised me of the problem.

I have also received a number of encouraging compliments re the Birding URL's.
One was " Thank you, thank you, thank you.  Your list of birding operators is the best thing since sliced bread ! "
Well as the man in the TV advert said "wait, there is more ! "

Regards, Bob Forsyth, Mount Isa, NW Qld.
ps This afternoon's update from Norton was the biggest I have ever received !