birding-aus

Birds and Worms

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Birds and Worms
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 21:26:08 -0700 (PDT)
G'day All,

No I am not going to write about the latest email worm
virus and how alert Apple(mac) users should be :^D but
today I got an email from some friends that live close
to Hilary in Washington, it included this edited
section.
======
"As far as the Gippsland worm video. The video is of
very good quality (significantly better than your
typical Sasquatch video) sincere thanks to you both.
It seems to prove beyond any reasonable doubt the
existence of an unusually large and long, soft-bodied,
legless, bilaterally symmetrical invertebrate living
in Australia. Faced with this incontrovertible proof,
I guess I'll have to beg your forgiveness for ever
having doubted and become a true-blue Gippsland Worm
believer".
======
Well folks,
I've pondered this email from the humourous Steve on
the other side of the big pond and I ask all on this
list.

Knowing that Mother Nature creates a solution to a
need
my mind boggles at what the size of the chick was that
would eat one of these giant worms? has it? at all?
been known for a wild bird chick to consume one of
these Giant earth worms? they have this special
exhibit
on the way to Phillip Island, home and land of the
"Striated Fieldwren"

I was just pondering this, whilst taking a break from
nest box making, for prize giveaway's. I think in
every tenth nest box I'll put a bottle of red? or
white? or bourbon? hmmmmm that should make peoples
want to win one eh :^D ......

Fond Regards from,
John, Eggy and Lee ....... potters orf singing with my
singing honeyeaters.