birding-aus

Trip to Cape York

To: "Birding- aus" <>
Subject: Trip to Cape York
From: "Shirley Cameron" <>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 16:42:43 +1000
I am now back to reality and Werribee. It would seem that I must take the
challenge and go hunting for the Northern Shoveler on the Western Treatment
Plant

I had the most magic trip to Iron Range via Musgrave, Chili Beach, Portland
Road and Lockhart River with Klaus Uhlenhut.  This would have to be birding
at its best for all the following reasons

* Klaus knows the place so well and is indeed a very patient and competent
leader
* Fellow birders were such interesting people and  most enjoyable company
* Although I was the 'weakest link' I did not feel inferior, birding can be
done at all levels of competence
* Cape York is an incredible place
* The weather was perfect
* There were no mosquitoes or sandflies
* I added 39 new bird to my list (I've nearly reached 500)

Jenny Skewes please send me your email address.

Shirley Cameron