birding-aus

Threatened Species Week

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Threatened Species Week
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 00:58:20 -0700 (PDT)
THREATENED SPECIES WEEK

G'day all,

Here on the Mornington Peninsula several events are
about to take place or are in the pie~line ( :^D )
of being planned. Here are a few, I'll give you more
as they become available.

On FRIDAY 7TH SEPTEMBER

Illustrated Talk by Peter Robertson of Wildlife
Profiles Pty Ltd
Wildlife Photographer and herpetoligist

THREATENED SPECIES

"FROM THE MORNINGTON PENINSULA TO THE MALLEE"
Boneo Primary School (Recreation Reserve Hall)
Entry off Boneo Road (Melways 199G3)
Entry $5 to Boneo Primary School Boonerwrung Wetlands.

On SATURDAY 8th SEPTEMBER

Greening Australia Victoria Seminar
''Looking After Threatened Species''
Parks (Victoria) Offices. Hinton Street. Rosebud.

Various organizations, and individuals involved in
looking after or researching Threatened Species in
Victoria. Key Speaker Mike Taylor.
Healsville Sanctuary
Bookings:- Greening Australia Victoria After noon
session

To be advertised

BAR-B-Q Lunch
SATURDAY 8TH SEPTEMBER
Billy Tea and Damper Night and Sing -A-long
Rosebud Foreshore camping kitchen Organised by Friends
of Rosebud Beach and Foreshore inc.
Rosebud Foreshore Camp Kitchen.
Supported by Coast Action 6pm start
Entry $5
Sleep-over in Camping Area on Foreshore

SUNDAY 9TH SEPTEMBER
Working Bee Chinamans Creek (Tree planting)
Friends of Chinamans Creek (Coast Action Group)
Pt Nepean Road West Rosebud. Opposite Chatfield Avenue
Swamp Skink revegetation work. West Side
Bar-b-q lunch 12 noon.

FINISH 1 PM.
CONTACT NORMAN McKINLAY. 27 DANNY STREET. RYE.
PH 59852844 E-MAIL
DISPLAY IN ROSEBUD LIBRARY BY BONEO PRIMARY
SCHOOL (ALL WEEK)

Several events are being planned by Coolart House and
I hope to pass them on this week to you all? why not
join in or contact any of the above. Any questions
just drop me an email. I believe a "Jazz with the
birds" event is being planned for October and it
should be able to be seen on the internet?

John A. Gamblin
Email: