birding-aus

NZ

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: NZ
From: "Marleen Acton" <>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 22:49:26 +1000
G'day everyone,
                        Just a quick note to publicly say thank-you to those who helped with my North Island trip. Some lovely birds were spotted. The weather was mostly fine although cold. The highlight was Pureora Forest where although I did not manage to see the Kokako I most certainly heard them. (The fog was a big stumbling block). In Pureora I saw Kaka, Yellow-crowned Parakeet, Whitehead, Bellbird, Tomtit, Fernbird, Tui, NZ Pigeon plus others.
For my trip I saw 56 species and heard 2 (kokako & morepork).

Marleen.