birding-aus

Info on Phuket

Subject: Info on Phuket
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 11:54:16 GMT
Top O the evening to ya all!
This is my first email to Birding-aus so here goes! I cracked 3000 on my world
bird list, and the 600 mark on my Australian list, on atrip tp W.A. last
September. On 20th of July I am heading off to Phuket for three weeks, not
entirely birding but I do hope to add a few more to my list. Has anybody done
any birding there? If so can you help me with a few good localities? Either on
the island itself or over the bridge on the mainland? I also hope to get to
Khao Nor Chuchi Reserve to have a look for Gurney's Pitta. Is there an update
on this species? If there is any previous info. about Phuket "et environs" in
previous Birding-aus correspondence I would appreciate your help. Cheers Robbie
Brown.