birding-aus

Brown Goshawk vs Collared Sparrowhawk identification

To: "Messages Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Brown Goshawk vs Collared Sparrowhawk identification
From: "Bob Forsyth" <>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 20:39:01 +1000
g'day all,

Fairy and Tree Martins are not the only species that I have (had) trouble identifying apart.
The Female Collared Sparrowhawk is so similiar to the Male Brown Goshawk

I have culled through the various Field Guides and Hanzab and have drafted an identification comparison chart for these 2 Hawk species.
It is very user friendly.

However, before general distribution, I would appreciate if it were reviewed first by someone who knows these birds.
It is in Excel format, but I can send it as an ordinary email to anyone who uses HTML format....or even a copy by ordinary mail

Is there anyone who would like to critically review the chart ?

Regards, Bob Forsyth, Mount Isa, NW Qld.