birding-aus

Superb parrots?

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Superb parrots?
From: "Karen Pearson" <>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 10:58:20 +1000
 Ralph Reid said;
> Hello all
>
> Let me be right up front about it - I would be the most hopeless bird
> identifier on this list.

Nup, sorry.  That's me.

> In the first place, they always seem to be too hidden in foliage to get a
> proper look.

Me too  (not hidden in foliage, but you never know.... with me, anything is
possible)

> In the second place, I have trouble finding anything in the field guides
> that look like what I did see.

ME, ME, ME.     The number of times I have emailed poor Michael Norris
asking "Do you think I could have seen a such-and-such or a
what-si-mi-callit?"  and those are often just birds appearing in my garden
!!!    By the way Michael, forgot to ask about the chance of a White-plumed
Honeyeater spotted the day after my possible Eastern Spinebill?  AND
yesterday on Brighton pier (near the baths) I think I could have seen a Musk
Duck --  at first I thought it was a duck with a broken bill and was about
to jump in and rescue it when I realised it was a flappy pouch thing under
its bill?   (see what I mean.... I'm pathetic !! )

My hope is ONE day to be able to say "I definitely, without a doubt,
undeniably saw a whatever bird".    Until then I'll have to put up with
being the "It could've been" girl.

Happy birding.

Karen
Hampton, Melbourne.