birding-aus

Quailthrush at Easter

To: "BIRDING_AUS" <>
Subject: Quailthrush at Easter
From: "David & Sue Harper" <>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 23:30:14 +0930
Hi all,
        just reporting on my hunt for Spotted Quailthrush over Easter in the Glenelg River District for those that are interested. I found 3 birds just north-west of Tremaine Swamp on Mt Deception Rd. They were in much denser habitat than I had been led to believe and this will change my approach to finding them here in S.A. again. Other highlights were the large number of Gang Gang Cockatoos in the area, many groups of three - five birds were encountered. They seemed to prefer the taller stringybark forest. There are only three records of them from adjacent parts of S.A. which seems difficult to explain to me given the amount of birds I saw. Also a possible record of Masked Owl heard calling on Sunday night. Thanks to all those who helped by providing info on SQT's, but finding them was much tougher than I had thought. Hope you all had a very birdy Easter.

Cheers and good birding.
David Harper Adelaide