birding-aus

Rose Robin arrival

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: Rose Robin arrival
From: Ian Matthews <>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 17:17:18 +1000
This morning I had a very pleasant early morning stroll at my favourite
local haunt of Deep Creek at Narrabeen lake in the Northern Beaches of
Sydney.Each year at about this time I look for the arrival of the Rose
Robin although I thought I could have been one or two weeks early as my
records indicate they normally arrive later this month.We were very
pleased however to see a male and possibly two females in the trees on
the creek bank opposite the bottom end of the dog training oval.
It was also good to see an eastern yellow robin at the bottom end of the
oval as they have been scarce since the fires of 1994.An immature
fantail cuckoo also showed up but was soon being hassled by a willie
wagtail.

Ian Matthews