birding-aus

North Qld

To: "birding aus" <>
Subject: North Qld
From: "Jon and Fiona Hall" <>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 12:29:40 +1100
Hi, on Wednesday I'm heading up to North Qld for a holiday and driving from
Mackay to Cooktown.  I'm planning to visit most of the standard birding
spots I suppose (or at least the ones covered in Thomas  and Thomas), but
I'd be grateful for any other tips for good places to visit in that area.
There are loads of birds I'd like to see up there, but for starters does
anyone have any tips on Golden and Great Bowerbirds and Channel Billed
Cuckoos?

Thanks

Jon