birding-aus

Australian Bustard and the Atlas

To: Peter Ewin <>
Subject: Australian Bustard and the Atlas
From: Peter Crow <>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 20:44:10 -0800
Peter,

I think, although i have no way of backing this up, that the change of
methodology is probably having an effect on the numbers of Emu and Bustard
recorded..  On a number of trips I have seen numerous Emus and Bustards that
never made an atlas sheet.
Occasionally I would complete an incidental report for one or the other and if
they were within an area I selected to do a 2 hectre of larger survey they
would be included.
Overall I think I've only recorded 25% of both species I've seen on various
trips.

regards  Peter