birding-aus

Bowerbirds

To: <>
Subject: Bowerbirds
From: "Jill Dark" <>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 19:41:50 +1100
Hi All,
I have seen several bowers in the Blue Mountains far from suburbia.  Crimson rosella feathers, blue berries from Dianella sp. and Blueberry Ash were the main blue items, but they also collected yellow leaves and flowers, including everlasting daisies.
Bowers in local gardens often contain yellow onion skins and variegated leaves from exotic garden shrubs.
I would also add if you see any uncut blue rings from bottle caps please remove them as the bird can be caught in them and injured.  The same applies to blue string, which I have also seen in bowers.

Jill