birding-aus

Czech visitors

Subject: Czech visitors
From: Christine Regan <>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 22:45:24 +1100
Hi everyone,

Got the following from Czech Republic, and thought the more it is
circulated, the bigger response they will get.

Stein Boddington
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 2:14 AM

Dear Mr
I´m sorry to trouble You, but I would like to ask You some questions.
I and my friendin are going to spend some time in Australia at the end
of
this year.Our aim is to get know australian birds and nature
We would like to ask, if it is possible to participate on research
programs
of Your society as volunteers or as a assistant or to spent some time in

some observatory stations of Your Society.

We are studenst of a University in Olomouc, in the Czech Republic. I
study ornitology and my colleaque study herpetology, but she has got
basic information about birds too.
I´m member of Czech society for ornitology (Birdlife partner) and a I
have got permition to ring birds too. I investigate especialy waders
(herons and storks), but I ring a lot of passerines too (more than 1000
birds per year).

Thank You very much in advance for Your answer.

Your sincerely

Vaclav Beran
Tereza Jochcova
Palacky University