birding-aus

Moogerah Dam Atlas

Subject: Moogerah Dam Atlas
From: Laurie & Leanne Knight <>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 22:02:12 +1000
Thursday night the weather bureau forcast the odd shower for Brisbane
during Friday, and an odd shower we had ~200 mm of liquid sunshine in a
couple of hours.

So this morning, I decided to head out to atlas Moogerah Dam [which I
haven't visited for over 20 years] and climb Mt Edwards [which I've
never climbed] to see what I had been missing out on.  Mt Edwards [near
Boonah] was rather short on bushwalking merit, and in some ways reminded
me of a walk in Serpentine Falls area south of Perth.  Lake Moogerah is
heavily used by water skiers and there were plenty of them out today.

This is what I saw/heard flying/hopping/swimming within 5 km of the dam
wall:

brown quail
black swan
maned duck