birding-aus

Re: Bird returns

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Re: Bird returns
From: "Max O'Sullivan" <>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 18:11:45 +1000
Rose Robins have returned to the Mt Neebo area just to the north out of Brisbane. This is the first sighting for me for this year.

Koels and Channel-billed Cuckoos seem to have headed north from their summer sojourn in the south(!). Up until this past week I was still hearing them calling in the early morning in the inner Brisbane suburb of Red Hill.

On an outing on Saturday to Inskip Point to successfully (at last!) locate the Black-breasted Button-Quail, reported by Russ Lamb on birding-aus, there were still numbers of Bee-eaters and Dollarbirds to be seen in the environs of Inskip Point, Rainbow Beach and Cooloola NP (south of Hervey Bay and north of the Sunshine Coast - sorry I'm not a GPS owner).

Max O'Sullivan