birding-aus

Serendipity and Allee effects

To: "Scott O'Keeffe" <>, <>, <>
Subject: Serendipity and Allee effects
From: "Andrew Stafford" <>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 08:06:38 +1100
Scott O'Keeffe wrote:

> Steve-
>
> Whatever the New Scientist article may say, these are hardly new ideas for
> ecologists or population biologists.  Is there something you havn't told
us
> about the article?  Or maybe there is something else the article hasn't
told
> us about Allee's ideas?

Steady on there, Scott! Not all of us are scientists. Whether or not Allee's
is old or new information, I wasn't aware of his theory and found it most
interesting. I'm sure many other subscribers did too, and it may stimulate
insights from them about regional fauna declines. Certainly a worthy topic
for discussion, I think.

It's fine to be ahead of the pack, but allow the rest of us tortoises to
catch up from time to time!

Cheers

AS