birding-aus

Oodnadatta-track

To: <>
Subject: Oodnadatta-track
From: "Mimi Eelman & Vincent Stork" <>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 19:53:53 +0100
I'm seeking information on travelling and birdwatching along the Oodnadatta-track in august. It should be an adventurous way to reach the Adelaide-area from Alice Springs. I would be very greatful to receive information on the accessibility of this route with a 2-wheel drive (can it be done without a 4-wheeldrive? What risks do you run in terms of carmechanical problems? Are there possibilities to take in water and fuel along this track? Are there any restaurants/shops/hostels? Is there a need of a permit? Does anyone have experience with birding along this track and where are the best streches?

I'm planning a six-week trip at the moment and will be leaving 18 July. The Oodnadatta-area will be reached in the first week of august. A hope someone will be able to help me get answers on the above questions. I'd really apreciate it.

Best regards,

Vincent Stork
Torenstraat 26
2513 BS Den Haag