birding-aus

Scopes

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Scopes
From: Kim Sterelny <>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 00:31:14 +1300
Hi

The question of scope choice is a personal one and expensive, one has to decide on what purpose they are using it for.As I am a Leica Apo-Televid 77 user I highly recommend for clarity.Using a non Apo-Televid you do get fringing which can make ID difficult.I use mine for Photography combined with a coolpix  990 digital camera and you can see my results at my web page.

http://www.arcomnet.net.au/~kroberts/digitalbirds.htm

Best Regards
Kevin
Adelaide, South Australia

Dear All

I use a Swarovski 80HD (angled) which is a beautiful scope, and since I am monocular myself, I have gone for the expensive scope/less expensive binos than the other way around. I have also used it for photography, using the camera adaptar and a Cannon EOS body to turn the camera into an 800mm telephoto lens, and that works well but it is clumsy, and I have had on going trouble with the T-mount that connects the camera body to the Swarovski body. These have been made by third party manufactorers, and they seem to loose the capacity to bind the camera rigidly to the adaptor quite quickly; I have alrady gone through two. I must confess to be impressed by Kevin's photos when I logged onto his site, and hence intrigued by the digital option.

Kim
--

Kim Sterelny
Philosophy

phone: 64/(0)4/463 5233 x8642
Fax: 64/(0)4/463-5130

Kim Sterelny
Philosophy Program, RSSS, Australian National University, Canberra, ACT 0200,
Australia (July-December)

phone: 61-2- 6125-2886; messages  61-2- 6125 -2341,
fax 61-2- 6125- 3294

e-mail:
or:

editor: Biology and Philosophy