birding-aus

Sport"n"birds

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Sport"n"birds
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 18:10:34 -0800 (PST)
G'day All,
I've been doing some research on a question asked a
long long time ago on this list about celebrity people
liking birds or birding.

The many that I have contacted have asked me to say if
they play a big macho part in a movie then in general
the directors, in many cases NOT the actors, of these
movies don't see birds being conducive to the part
being played????????

Asking the same question to peoples in the modern
music world it's surprising the response from the
different parts of the music industry. One would think
that classical music lovers would like birds and
possibly birding more then other sections of that
industry? that is not what I have found.

I remember also seeing the request that perhaps BA
should seek high profile entertainers to promote BA?
perhaps we should think to get BA that big that the
entertainers come to BA? in flocks and droves :-]

I'm letting more time pass by to get a greater
response from all I have asked but will gladly let you
know about what I have found in more detail if you
would like?

Okay on with a small quiz whilst we Oz sip, on an Icy
pole, or wash the smoke from our eyes?

1. What is the full name of the English Test match
umpire "Dickie Bird".

2. How many UK soccer clubs have a bird as their
emblem? careful I did ask for UK not just England,
could you name me at least six.

3. In the USA what is Colin Clarke's favorite type of
bird and where does it live.

4. Which USA bird is most under threat from
extinction?

5. Where in Australia, which state, would you find the
township of Berri.

6. Which colour best describes the beak colouring of
the bald-headed Eagle.

Have fun and watch that heat.
John as he climbs back in his "frudge".