birding-aus

Little Terns breeding in NSW

To: <>
Subject: Little Terns breeding in NSW
From: "Alan Morris" <>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 12:45:17 +1100
Hi Birders,
Robert Quinan has been a good reporter on the success of the The Entrance breeding colony, and I too was scoping the colony later the same day and found a further 3 chicks, making a total of 18 chicks in addition to the 2 that had already fledged. However the New Years Fireworks last night at both 9 pm & midnight were being let off no more than 150 m from the colony (from a barge) so it remains to be seen today whether any birds remain? I hope so!
However, wearing my  Editor of the NSW Bird Report hat, I would like to hear about where the other colonies are in NSW this summer and what breeding success has been achieved?

Alan Morris