birding-aus

Popular birdwatching fiction

To: <>, <>
Subject: Popular birdwatching fiction
From: "Tim Dolby" <>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 15:23:36 +1100
Hi all,

On the subject of a subject of popular bird watching fiction - I can recommend
a whodunit by Ann Cleeves called appropriately "A Bird in the Hand".

It's a full of great bird stuff - fanatical twitcher chasing a tic, radical
conservation [- keep up the good work comrade Night Parrot], sex, and one of
the best birders in England found dead, lying in a marsh with his head bashed
in and his binoculars still around his neck.

Details: A BIRD IN THE HAND Ann Cleeves, Ballantine Group, Paperback,
0-449-13349-4.

Tim