birding-aus

[no subject]

To: Russell <>
From: Penny Drake-Brockman <>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 08:29:04 +1100
Dear Birders and Keith

I hope this will not break the rule of advertising but....

Re: Colin's response to Keith's request below,  Fred van Gessel has
extensive recordiings of Australian birds and can supply  CDs of species
restricted to Eastern Australia. I don't have Fred's address on me at the
moment but he's well known to many people and no doubt one of those could
give you his contact details.

Hello Keith,

Len Gillard's "Bird Calls of Eastern Australia" would fill the bill. It
features 152 species, ranging from those found in the tropical
rainforests to those from the temperate south. It's suitable for
beginners trying to learn bird calls, because it has only the most
frequently heard call of each species and in short samples. The sound
quality is fairly good. The BOCA shop and the Birding Shop at Birds
Australia both  have it in stock.

Regards,
Colin Scouler

KEITH BRANDWOOD wrote:

> hello all,  is there a audio tape of bird calls of
> only the east coast of Australia. A mate of mine
> and myself have a regular bird banter colum in
> a monthly news paper, SPREADING THE WORD
> we mentioned the BOCA bird call tapes and had
> calls from three people all in the Kurrajong area
> who wanted to know the identity of the dawn chorus
> calls in their area.
>
> keithbrandwood
>
> Birding-Aus is on the Web at
> www.shc.melb.catholic.edu.au/home/birding/index.html
> To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the message
> "unsubscribe birding-aus" (no quotes, no Subject line)

Penny Drake-Brockman, Examination Recitals Co-ordinator, Sydney
Conservatorium of Music.
Tel: 02 9351 1254.