birding-aus

RFI: Eastern Europe checklists

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: RFI: Eastern Europe checklists
From: "Paul Taylor" <>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 20:52:56 +1100
> Do any of you out there have a spare Eastern European checklist or two
> lying about?  Countries like Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania .... are of
> interest for possible birding travels in 2001.  Any help appreciated
> (can offer lists from some other parts of the world in trade).

After a quick search of the web, an excellent place to start is:
"Birding Links to the World" (http://www.bsc-eoc.org/links/)
***I strongly recommend that everyone bookmarks this page!***
It's based in Canada, and has a wealth of information on all parts of
the world.  Simply select the region of the world you are interested in,
click on the map (or link), and you get a list of web pages for that
country/region  e.g.
  "List of Hungarian Birds":  http://www.c3.hu/~mme/nb/hun_list.htm
  "Birds of Europe - bilingual checklists":
    http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/roger_buglass/

Another reference that was referred to by a number of web pages is the
book:  "Where to Watch Birds in Eastern Europe" (Hamlyn, London, 1994,
ISBN 0-600-57976-X)

"My hovercraft is full of eels..."