birding-aus

Round Hill Nature Reserve

To: "Allan Morris" <>, <>
Subject: Round Hill Nature Reserve
From: "Bruce Cox" <>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 10:27:48 +1100
Alan.

Check with Fred Van Gessell [hope I spelled his name correctly!] I believe he saw one at R.H. in1998.

Bruce.

Hi Birders,
 I enjoyed the Trip Report of Pat O'Malley and Stephen Mugford's viist to Round Hill Nature Reserve in western NSW 19-22 October 2000. In the Report, mention was made that no Red-lored Whistlers have been seen at Round Hill since 1996. For the record, one was seen there by Alan Rogers et al on 4 October 1997 and that appears to be the last report. The areas of reserved mallee around Round Hill NR, including Nombinnie NR and Yathong NR would total about 200000 ha of mallee or more, so there is plenty of mallee in which Red-lored Whistlers can hide. Never-the-less as one who has visited each of those reserves more than once in the past 2 years, I too saw no Red-lored Whistlers. I would be interested to hear of any records for Red-lored Whistlers in NSW since 1998.

Alan Morris
Records Officer, NSWFOC