birding-aus

Audit on researchers required

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: Audit on researchers required
From: Peter Milburn <>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 18:25:38 +1100
Media hype is most regretable and so is ignorance.  Theoretically both
could be remedied but in practice we have to tolerate the type of current
events reporting described by Andrew Stafford.  I accept that the Federal
Government is trying to stamp out this sort of thing by cutting funds to
the ABC.  Lamentably, as if the media weren't enough,  now we have to
tolerate the abomination that is Night Parrot on birding-aus.

If anyone seriously has any doubts about global warming I suggest that they
take a trip to either pole and check out the rate that the ice caps are
receeding.  If warmer climates are more attractive check out what is
happening to the sub-Sahara region.  Talk to the people who live there and
try to convince them that they are just making it all up so that they may
claim some sort of social welfare.

As for ozone depletion take a trip to anywhere further south than 45
degrees and stand outside for an hour without sunscreen.  Any claim that
the data has been fabricated might be stifled by the extreme pain of the
second degree burns to the lips.  It is incredible to me that any
Australian would may such silly commets.  Just take a walk outside in March
in southern Australia and experience excessive uv penetration first hand.

Perhaps Night Parrot would do us all a favour and, the very at least,
charter a boat and drive over the north pole in it!

I promise my subsequent postings will be about birds and not f*** wits!

Dr.P.J. Milburn
Biomolecular Resource Facility
The Australian National University
GPO Box 334 Canberra ACT 0200  AUSTRALIA
Phone No.  <61> <2> 6249 4326
Fax No.    <61> <2> 6249 4326
E-mail Address