birding-aus

More turkeys

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: More turkeys
From: Jill Dening <>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 16:33:18 +1000
Hi everyone,

I am still giggling over this email just received from a friend down
in Brisbane:

"Did I tell you that the brush turkey has struck again?  Not as destructive
as last time,  but nevertheless quite a few small plants have vanished,  as
has most of the sprinkler system on the lower level of the garden.  (A lady
at golf told me about her turkey,  who has scraped up all the leaves from
her garden,  and from next door's,  and from the roof of her carport.  She
has no bedding plants to be damaged,  so the bird pulled out all her
potplants and took away their soil.  And he removed all her groundcovers,
too.)"

What a little ripper of a turkey!

Cheers,

Jill

PS I'm wondering if anyone has yet seen any newly returned Little
Terns in South-East Queensland. (And yes, I saw the pun, but it
wasn't intentional.)
--
Jill Dening
Sunshine Coast, Qld