birding-aus

Dollarbird

To: "Julian & Fay Bielewicz" <>
Subject: Dollarbird
From: "John & Sarah" <>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 18:11:44 +1000
Hi Julian & Fay - Drongo arrived on Friday 29th Sept and is still around Bongaree.
Although we still have no Dollarbirds here ,there were 2 very exited ones playing in tall gums in Cosmos Park, Banksia Beach 3-4Klms north on Monday 2nd October - less than 100mts from Whistling Kite nest which currently has an overfed fledgling - the grass around the gum is littered with bream bones, eel heads, one complete small eel, many unidentified fish bones, Rainbow Lori & Asain Turtledove remains.
For the last 2 summers we have had a Dollarbird pair nesting, producing one
offspring on both occasions.  Unfortunately 8-10 100ft. gums have been removed
during the winter from the immediate vicinity and I wonder if this will deter them nesting here this year.

Regards  - Sarah Knight