birding-aus

Citius, Altius Fortius (info and quiz)

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Citius, Altius Fortius (info and quiz)
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 23:50:48 -0700 (PDT)
I think I saw the wassacally wussell has whangled a
weducation wexchange two widney :-] sorry I got some
English bitter lemon drops with sherbet for my
birthday hence the text :-] Marvelous what the Vic.
Education dept. can pick up the tab for eh Russell?
joking ....

Right have some news I've been keeping to myself for a
while as I got it all checked out and I have an adult
male white backed magpie of these parts? not unusual
you might say except he only has one nostril, please
don't ask Unca Tones how does he smell :-] .... but
the fact he's made it without being killed when young
or at many other stages has got me really stunned,
just hope my photo's of him come out okay? his
offspring and wife all have two nostril.

Also happy to report that those cute lady wattlebird's
with red earings are definately up in number around
these parts as are my lovely eko-ecko eko-ecko
Honeyeaters. I am also hoping that the bush care work
done by many around these parts and still continues
between Hastings and Crib Point is paying off, nearly
totally finished a very extensive boardwalk program
that is beaut for a walk and watching the waders. With
a small increase in weebil numbers could this be the
best for quite a while.

Hmmmmm Citius Altius Fortius eh and a quiz?

1.) Okay which bird first won an olympic medal?

2.) Which bird stopped Australia and Pakistan having a
war?

3.) Which bird is the emblem of Tasmania

4.) Which bird in Victoria would you hardly see in
daylight hours.

Hoping my Kookaburra's won and thank you to all who
sent the well wishes and email cards.

The three get well soon cards were also nice hehehe
Bless you all.

John A. Gamblin

=====
Hastings,
Where Western Port waders regularly meet.