birding-aus

Black Falcon

To: <>
Subject: Black Falcon
From: "Jill Dark" <>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 21:20:48 +1000
Hi All,
On a recent trip up the Strzelecki Track I had my best ever view of a black falcon.  A friend and I were photographing pools of water on the gibbers when a small bird ran across in front of us and into a bush.  My first thought was gibber chat but of course the binos were in the car!  Just then we heard a loud whistling sound and a black falcon stooped over our heads, into the bush, and without stopping spiralled up into the sky, and disappeared, leaving us staring in disbelief.  It's speed was amazing and we never did find out what the small bird was - there was not even a feather to be seen.

Jill