birding-aus

News from "Birding the Americas Trip Report Repository"

Subject: News from "Birding the Americas Trip Report Repository"
From: Blake Maybank <>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 14:21:03 -0300
NOTE: I sent this message first to the previous address for birding-aus --
I apologise if anyone receives this message twice.
News from "Birding the Americas Trip Report & Planning Repository".

Western North American forests are on fire, while here in the east it is
cool and damp, perfect weather for adding reports to the Repository, and
200+ new ones are now available for your viewing pleasure.  I've
concentrated recent efforts on California, Colorado & Florida, and have all
back-logged reports from these states now up on the site.  I've also added
many to Georgia and Louisiana, plus scattered others.  And more should
follow soon.

There are also some formatting changes to make the site easier to use.

In addition, I've continued the task of assembling Trip Planning Resource
Pages.  I've completed preliminary ones for all the Canadian provinces, and
The Yukon.

The URL is:

http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/ns/maybank/Trips.htm

NEW REPORTS:

United States:
        Too many to list, mostly in California, Colorado, and Florida.

Central America:
        Costa Rica - 3 reports
        Panama - 1 report
        Guatemala - 1 report

South America:
        Trinidad & Tobago - 2 reports

Caribbean:
        Bahamas - 1 report

As always, I solicit information regarding oversight or errors, and welcome
your suggestions, criticisms, or compliments.  And I always welcome New
Reports.

Good birding, and a safe journey.

Blake Maybank

Birding the Americas Trip Report & Planning Repository
http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/ns/maybank/Trips.htm

White's Lake, Nova Scotia
CANADA