birding-aus

The winners are ......

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: The winners are ......
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 17:49:55 -0700 (PDT)
G'day All,

The results of the first Birding-Aus email poetry
competition were that we judged Peter Tremains
"Kingfisher" entry as the winner, and it really is
very good. Seven judges voted from all over planet
earth, and gave Peter's entry an extremely high
winning score.

Followed by Judie Peet's "Jacky Winter" this was my
own favorite.

Third place went to Lorne and "The Owl Poets" I
thought this would win? just shows you what a good
judge I am at poetry eh?

The junior entry was won by Danielle Steven's of
England.

I believe all winners have now got their prizes? just
Lorne to confirm his prize package arrival? All seem
happy with the T shirts, books, pens, posters, and a
few funnies enclosed. I have had so much fun along
with many others that we have decided to keep the
Birdpoet competition open with judging done on a three
monthly basis and more prizes awarded. We can NOT
offer copyright unfortunately due to the sale of the
proposed book? The hopes and wishes being that when we
get enough entries, a book could be created to sell
and raise funds for Birds Australia's land acquisition
program .... We had over forty entries for the first
competition, pretty good eh? BUT NOT enough so far for
competition number two which closes the last day of
this month, so keep those good entries rolling in
please.

Send your poems to

Many many thanks and kind regards from,

John A. Gamblin

=====

Hastings,
Where thee Western Port Waders will soon regularily meet.