birding-aus

'Tis the season to plant trees

To: "Birding-aus (E-mail)" <>
Subject: 'Tis the season to plant trees
From: David Geering <>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 12:10:44 +1000
Folks

It's that time of year again.  The Regent Honeyeaters are returning the
Capertee Valley, birds everywhere are busily building nests and those with
an interest in preserving habitat are thinking of getting out the mattocks
and putting in trees in places where they were long removed.

The Capertee Valley Regent Honeyeater Operations Group have a tree-planting
weekend on 19-20 August.  I already have 109 people registered for this
weekend but the more the merrier.  We will easily put our quota of trees in
the ground on Saturday leaving Sunday free for Regent tours and the like.
Cheap accommodation and an evening meal on the Saturday is available.
Contact me directly if you are interested.  The Capertee Valley is a
comfortable 2 1/2 - 3 hour drive from
ydney.

Further south in Victoria there are several tree-planting weekends arranged
in the Lurg area near Benalla (2 1/2 hours from Melbourne) on the weekends
of 12-13 August, 26-27 August and 2-3 September.  Accommodation and an
evening meal on Saturday is provided in Benalla.  For the really energetic
there will be a wool shed folk dance on Saturday night or a spot-lighting
walk.  There is an optional wildflower walk Sunday afternoon.  If you are
interested in this please call Ray Thomas on 03 57611611 (W) or 03 57951559
(H).

All for a good cause.

David Geering
Regent Honeyeater Recovery Coordinator