birding-aus

Bird cam for Hugo

Subject: Bird cam for Hugo
From: "Peter Howard" <>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 14:31:44 +1000
G'day Hugo

Darryl Jones forwarded your email to me because
for the last 4 weeks I've had a bee in my bonnet
re the Tawny Frogs that mate and build their
nest in a structure on the roof of the ENS
building at Griffith Uni (have for many years no reason
why they won't do it again this year). And I've been
wanting to set up a website with them as the
stars...

I've already had talks with our techos and they
say its do-able in spades. This includes a image
intensifier infra-red light source (all the sexy
stuff happens at night), black box power
supplies etc all up between $1000-1500 (some
creative scrounging may get this a whole lot
lower). Can also be done as a student project
etc to keep cost down further. They are likely
to get active in about 3 weeks and will have
chicks on the nest come Oct. May have to jump as
there is always likely to be paperwork. (ethics,
risk assessment - I kid you not!)

Give me a call on 07 3875 6713 or AH (20:00 -
23:30 Hrs) 07 3278 2708. If you want more
details>

Yours in the struggle

Peter Howard