birding-aus

RFI Bali

Subject: RFI Bali
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 21:15:36 EDT
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has any up to date information on seeing the wild
population of Bali Myna (in a couple of days we are leaving for a week and
half in Bali).  On a previous trip I was foiled by the Indonesian
"conservation" efforts, but this time around am staying for a few days in the
new hotel which has been built in Bali Barat NP and so am hoping for a better
chance.

Also, does anyone have any new information on Bedugal or Ubud, or where the
various crakes/rails can be found (a trip report I have mentions the Sanur
fish ponds/farms - although I am not sure exactly where those are, or if
indeed they still exist).

Any responses can be sent direct to this address.

Thanks
John Rogers