birding-aus

nasty virus hoax?

To: Peter Waanders <>
Subject: nasty virus hoax?
From: andrew stafford <>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 18:42:30 -0700 (PDT)
Hi again all

I've already been alerted by a couple of people that
virus alerts such as that I posted earlier (especially
when our attention is drawn to them by Microsoft - a
model of corporate citizenship if ever there was one)
are very often hoaxes.

I guess I'm not savvy enough to know a hoax when I
trip over it, but thanks to the sceptics for pointing
that out. In the meantime, I thought in my naive and
stupid way (sorry Warnie) it better published on
birding-aus than not. I can think of a few folks on
this listserver who would be liable to download a frog
screensaver...:-)

Cheers

AS

Hi Andrew,