birding-aus

RFI: suggestions for July-Aug Sydney Area Trip

Subject: RFI: suggestions for July-Aug Sydney Area Trip
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 08:07:42 EDT
We are planning a trip to the Sydney area for about two weeks.  The info we
have is good but does not help us narrow the selection to the best spots to
visit for birds, mammals and scenery.  I am an avid birder traveling with my
wife and young son.  We previously visited Queensland.

Any suggestions on must see spots?
Is it more fruitful to concentrate on the area north or south of Sydney from
a birding and mammal perspective?
We will miss the dates of the pelagics from that area, any unscheduled trips,
any good land based high yield areas?
We were considering an extension to Lord Howe Island, what would the weather
be like this time of year?

Thanks

Terry Fuller

San Benito TX USA