birding-aus

Eaglehawk Neck Pelagic.

To: <>, <>
Subject: Eaglehawk Neck Pelagic.
From: "George Appleby" <>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 08:59:20 +1000
I'll second Paul's comments and will also put in an appeal for general
expressions of interest for Eaglehawk Neck trips. There seen to be insufficient
numbers of people interested in seabirds locally, so we need interstate support
for charter trips. If anyone is interested in a trip, please send back a reply
to me with the preferred month (or ASAP in the case of albatross twitchers!).
Otherwise, I or someone else (Tim?) may be able to organise a trip first.

Cheers

George

>>> "Paul Walbridge" <> 06/07/00 08:22pm >>>
Hi Birding-aussers, just got back from Tassie a couple of days ago,many thanks
to Tim R. for putting the report out and thanks Tony P. for the congrats! No
thanks by the way to John H. for his hasty reply, think about it John! We had
just a small window of opportunity(2days), took it and came up trumps.

Eaglehawk Neck is a fantastic venue and I would strongly recommend it to anyone
at anytime of the year, even with a 3 metre swell the day was perfect! The
boat, though small, rides  well and the skipper and crew are well informed and
do the job well, there is always Tim Reid there of course to help out.

I've checked around re: the Albies and it is a record by the way, sorry Mr.
Harris, even so, the Grey Petrel was my favourite bird of the day. Here are the
rest of the people for the trip by the way; Sandra Harding, Joyce Harding, Jim
Thornton, Judy Thornton, Chris Barnes, Bill Moorhead, Brian Russell, Grahame
Palmer, Liz Tate.

Cheers - Paul.

Include ONLY "unsubscribe birding-aus"