birding-aus

Re: Common Sandpipers

To: <>
Subject: Re: Common Sandpipers
From: "kerry.leonard" <>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 23:13:27 +0100
Common Sandpiper breeds mainly along Upland streams in Northern Ireland but
otherwise is fairly cosmopolitan on migration.   They are frequent migrants
along the rocky shore here in spring and autumn, but I've also seen them on
muddy shoreline and often well inland in grassy fields and around large
lakes on exposed mud.   Interestingly when in Queensland a couple of years
ago I saw them on the muddy shore at Cairns esplanade, and also along the
muddy banks of the "canal" channels in the town which is more typical.

Kerry Leonard (Mr)

Co Down
Northern Ireland

Include ONLY "unsubscribe birding-aus"