birding-aus

Birding in Ireland

Subject: Birding in Ireland
From: Ian Montgomery <>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 12:12:24 +1000
Margaret,

The Irish equivalent of Birds Australia is BirdWatch Ireland, which
publishes a quarterly magazine, called Wings, very similar to Wingspan.
If you are in Dublin visit them at 8 Longford Place, Monkstown, Co.
Dublin where they have an excellent shop.  Monkstown is near Dun Laoire,
south of Dublin and easily accessible by train (the "Dart").  Their
phone number is: 01 280 4322, their email is  and their
Website: http:/www.birdwatchireland.ie.  There are local branches of
Birdwatch Ireland throughout the Republic which organise birding outings
and talks.  You can buy the (essential, I think) book: Where to Watch
Birds in Ireland by Clive Hutchinson from Birdwatch Ireland.

You can subscribe to the Irish bird list by sending a SUBSCRIBE IBN-L
message to the list at

Ireland is great for nesting seabirds and terns in summer (particularly
June) and migratory waders and wildfowl in the rest of the year, so have
a great time.

If you need any further information let me know.  I started my birding
in Ireland in 1962 at the age of 15 and spent last (northern) summer
there.

Best wishes, Ian

Include ONLY "unsubscribe birding-aus"