birding-aus

Bird Report - Urandangie (West Qld)

To: "Messages Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Bird Report - Urandangie (West Qld)
From: "Bob Forsyth" <>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 16:48:34 +1000
G'day all
A week ago John & Sue O'Malley and I spent 1-1/2 days
atlassing the road to and from Urandangie (21.36S/138.19E)

Rain overnight at Urandangie stopped us using any black
soil tracks. We progressed down one track near the Georgina
River until it got too hard going and while waiting for the mud to dry
we noticed a billabong that had the various Ducks with their recently
fledged chicks

We noted 68 species in the 1 degree block 138/139, 21/22
centred on Urandangie. This block is/was one that had not
any records for the current Atlas.

13 of these which were not recorded for the first Atlas are
Plumed Whistling-Duck (Breeding)
Australian Wood Duck   (Breeding)
Grey Teal                     (Breeding)
Australasian Grebe
White-faced Heron
Intermediate Egret
Nankeen Night Heron
Black-necked Stork
Black-fronted Dotterel
Banded Lapwing           (Breeding) ..& a lifer for me !
Striated Pardelote
Red Capped Robin
Crested Bellbird

Regards...Bob Forsyth