birding-aus

Corellas

To: <>, "Messages Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Corellas
From: "Bob Forsyth" <>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 10:10:45 +1000
Frank Connor wrote--
> The Ashburton Shire in the Pilbara of Western Australia has a problem with
> flock of Little Corellas tearing up their synthetic tennis courts.  They
say
> that the corellas are getting high on the glue!  They are also causing
problems
> by digging holes in the town oval.
Paul Taylor wrote--
Are the corellas attacking just the green synthetic courts?  Presumably
to a corella, a green tennis court looks like a lush, well watered lawn
Several years ago Mount Isa Mines Ltd resurfaced and painted  the
floor of one of their very large warehouses (an ex WW 2 bomber hanger)
a nice grassy coloured green.
I observed that Magpie-larks (up to half a dozen) flew inside and started
pecking the floor.
So the colour of the tennis courts may be significant.

Regards...Bob Forsyth

Include ONLY "unsubscribe birding-aus"